This week is Every Body Deserves a Massage Week, which we think sounds great! Massages are relaxing and feel good, of course, but they also come with some serious benefits for your health. Read on for some additional reasons to make massage a regular part of your health and wellness routine.
And go ahead and get that massage this week. You deserve it!
1. Lower stress. Relaxation is vital for both your physical and mental health. Take the time to escape from your worries and feel better.
2. Improve sleep. Because massages promote relaxation and eliminate stress, they can also help you fall asleep faster and get better quality sleep.
3. Decrease fatigue. Many people feel well-rested and recharged after a massage, giving you more energy throughout the day.
4. Increase flexibility. Massage relaxes and stretches your muscles, enabling your body to achieve its full range of motion.
5. Boost immunity. Studies have found that massage raises white blood cell count, which helps your body fight off disease and infections.
6. Promote circulation. By loosening knots and stretching your muscles, massages increase blood flow through your body.
7. Eliminate toxins. Better circulation enhances your body’s natural ability to filter toxins through your blood and lymph nodes.
8. Reduce pain. If you have chronic pain in your back or other areas, regular massage can help correct the problem.
9. Treat injuries. The benefits of massage reduce inflammation to lower recovery time after a sports injury or surgery.
10. Fight anxiety and depression. Mental health is very important and massage can help counteract these problems.
Kevin Arnold writes about health, wellness and travel. For more tips and information, check out all of his posts at www.pureroom.com/blog.
Submit a comment